EMERGENCY COVID-19: INFORMATIONS FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS!
Due to the national emergency relating to the spread of the Covid-19 virus, we point out some news concerning the renewal of foreign citizens’ residence permits and the booking procedures and access to the facilities of the authorities in charge.
1) Extension of terms for the renewal and issue of residence permits:
- Residence permits expiring between 31st January and 15th April are valid until 15th June 2020.
- Renewal of residence permits: it is always possible to renew up to 60 days AFTER the expiry date.
- First issue of the permit for Family Reunification (or any other “nulla osta”): for people who come to Italy between the 23th of february and the 15th of april, the appointment can be booked even after the 8 days since the foreigner’s entry into Italy.
2) Closure of Immigration Offices in Questura and Prefettura
The Immigration Offices in Modena (Questura and Commissariati), Citizenship Office and Immigration Desk in Prefettura will be closed until 6th April 2020.
Appointments booked or to be booked for the issue or renewal of all residence permits are postponed after 6th April 2020 and unless otherwise specified, as the access to their facilities.
In need of further information:
You can contact Ufficio Migranti CGIL in Modena, writing an e-mail at email@example.com or phoning the 059.326111, for information about:
- issue or renewal of all residence permits
- family reunification
- citizenship request
You can contact Area Diritti CGIL in Modena, writing an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning the 059.326111, for information about:
- unemployment (disoccupazione – NASPI)
- parental leave (congedo parentale)
- bonus … (complete informations Area Diritti in italian only)
PHONE CALL TIMES ARE:
Monday 08.30-12.30 and 14.30-18.30
Tuesday 08.30-12.30 and 14.30-18.30
For those not living in the city of Modena, it is better to contact your local CGIL office.
Our offices receive BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, giving priority to the compelling procedures. We prefer the telephone assistance mode for sending requests.
- It is forbidden to move from your home, unless the movement is justified by good reasons: work, situations of necessity (e.g. shopping and buying essential goods, pharmacy…) or health reasons. IF YOU GO OUT WITHOUT A GOOD REASON YOU CAN GET A PENALTY FROM 400 UP TO 3000 €!
- The reasons of your movement must be demonstrated by self-declaration to be shown to the Police in case of control. PROVIDING FALSE STATEMENTS TO THE POLICE IS A CRIME!
- It is strictly forbidden to move from home to those who are affected by Coronavirus and those who are in quarantine!
!!! If you fail to comply with the authorities measures to limit the spread of Coronavirus, you’ll be subject to serious penalities, which can affect your right to obtain the unlimited permit and the Italian citizenship (the crime is entered in the criminal report) !!!
For health informations on COVID-19 in all languages of the world